Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help I/F partner to non avaya VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

markbnj

MIS
Jul 7, 2004
US
OK. I got the thread recently about what the codes that Partner sends OUT when sending signals to VOICE mail.

Now. Can someone explain what voice mail module
needs to send back to partner if (say... transferring a call)
after an AA message?

ie. trying to program my AA (VM) to answer, read a script, put person back to menu (easy--all done on vm)
and THEN transfer them back to an extension (say X10/or 11)
what do I need to send this?

The VM is set up as jack 20/21 on the system.
it currently works find as 1 line forwarding to a answering machine...

To transfer to an extension, all you need to do is Flash, pause, dial the extension number, and disconnnect.

If the extension is not answered, and has auto VMS cover, it will eventually return to your voice mail with mode codes to indicate how to treat the call.

If the extension is not answered, and does NOT have auto VMS cover, the call will return to ext. 10, assuming that you set the transfer return extension for each of your voice mail ports to 10 in #306. If you don't set the transfer return extensions, the call will return to the voice mail, but without mode codes. Avaya voice mail won't know what to do with a call without mode codes, so they will then transfer to the operator. Don't know what yours will do, so I'd recommend that you do set them to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back