Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! I dont know what's wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skss

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
HK
My database was working fine and then suddenly this morning I noticed that the performance is very much slower than before when I try to view my data through the mySQL Control Center. I didnt change anything. I also noticed that now some fields of some tables have a little grey color triangle beside them. Usually the fields would only have a green triangle beside their name if I add the field as an index. I tried reinstalling mysql and also the mysql control centre but the same problems still exist. Now when I try to extract data from my Delphi application the performance is very slow when it used to be fast. What is wrong with my database?

Are they MyISAM tables? If so, did you try a Repair and Optimise on them?
You indexes could be corrupt or missing...

Hello there.
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry but what are MyISAM tables? Actually I pumped the data from an Oracle database to the mysql database. I've tried Repair, Optimize, Analyze and Check and still it doesnt work they way it used to. I even tried dropping the database and pumping the data from Oracle again to no avail. It doesnt even work if I use my backup data. What else can I do?

The only time I saw this was when the database began to use up a lot of CPU.
What does the CPU utilisation of the server look like??
Also flush your logs: mysqladmin flush-logs

Have a look in the manual for the explain command which will show you how the table is being used, Have a look at that and post the results with the table descript including keys.

Next extract the data go to another machine and load into there, how does the query perform there ??

kr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back