Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP - I don't know what I'm doing - HP 1220cps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercsadies

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I have a Mac (osx) and I just upgraded to Quark 6. I have an HP 1220c/ps which came with PressReady (which is discontinued) and is only for os 9. HP doesn't help, and they take no responsiblity for the third-party drivers. I need help finding what driver I should be using and how to use it. The sites I've seen don't tell me (the computer-language illiterate) how to use it. If anyone can help me, walk me through it, point me in the right direction....I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have you tried hp support & drivers ? Just type in your printers name, make sure you specify MAC,
this will take you to drivers and download. Don't forget to download any other patches. Before installing, always a good idea to read instalation instructions (hopefuly) provided

Is your printer using a third party driver? Infowave no longer has StyleScript or PowerPrint software. I'm in the same boat as you with the HP DJ 1120c. If the above HP info doesn't help, I'll post you when I find something on the latter.

That's just my problem Frankie, HP doesn't support anything higher than OS9 for this printer (for postscript). Below is HP saying that they don't support the third-party drivers but offer their websites. My problem, is that they are so technical, I'm not sure what I need or where to go with anything that I download.

HP:

Third-party:

I understand what you're saying, unless you have OS 9.2 Classic mode and OSX both installed, there is no other driver for HP DJ 1200c/ps OSX. I did find a Mac driver for HPDJ1200c/ps
>(DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=14488&locale=en_
US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25520&
submit.y=6&submit.x=8&cc=us&swEnvOID=13)<
>(type in the entire 4 line info to get to the site)<
and on the same page below the download,
see...compatability issues.

The last I spoke with HP support, he suggested I trade in my Printer for an upgrade. I'm still using OS 9.04 on a G4 and looking into all the pitfalls of upgrading to OSX. I just bought a G5 and both machines need to be compatible with software and drivers.
If you don't have the OS 9.2, I don't think there are any other solutions at hand that I know of. Please let me know how you make out if a solution arises. Thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back