Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP......HP PRINTER ERROR!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon12

Technical User
Jun 5, 2000
US
We are using a HP Laserjet 4 printer that started going crazy on Friday.  Someone tried to print a document that called for A4 paper and it gave the error to load A4.  After that it keeps saying "PC LOAD LETTER".  All of the jobs that were to be printed were cancelled.  The only paper that it prints is letter(8 1/2 x 11 1/2).  There is already paper but it will not reset its memory.  I have tried their website and they gave the solution for the error but it will not work.  They want me to go offline and reset it but it never goes online and I can't do much of anything.  If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!!

Are you in a position to power off the printer completely that should take it offline? Ensure all users are not spooling to that printer and power off!<br><br>Do you select SHIFT+CONTINUE when the LOAD LETTER error displays? This should spool the print job to the printer and override the message??<br><br>If that fails - you could always try removing and readding the printer at the NT 4 Server (Start Settings Printers) if applicable network printer or via the NT 4 WKS if this is a local printer.<br>

We just had the same problem. Restarting the printer did not work. After about 10 frustrating minutes, one of the employees slammed the tray shut. Miraculously, it recognized that there was paper in the drawer. I guess, if all else fails, kick it!

Thanks guys, but i think that the sensor went bad.&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried everything (except kicking) and that is what the problem seems to be.

try setting up your printer configuration to plain default on the trays if you check it from the printer led i bet the main tray is defaulted to a4

HP printers, no problem.  Turn off the printer, and when you turn it back on hold in the (oops, I forget) key.  It is right underneath the display all the way on the left.  This will restore the printer to all the factory settings, and purge the junk out of its chips/memory/etc.<br>Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back