Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: HP Photosmart 2710 Printing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5BLT

Technical User
Apr 27, 2002
US
I have a Photosmart 2710 connected via wireless via my Linksys router. On my PC which I'm running XP, I have 3 users (including myself). I am able to pring just fine using my laptop via wireless through my router. I am able to pring just fine through my PC if I'm logged on as myself (administrator).

The problem is that if anyone else logs in on my PC besides myself and attempts to print, they get this error message:

"This documtnet failed to pring. Documtnet name "printer "Services Data" Printer name: HP Photosmart 2700 series. Time ....etc."

The bottom line is that they can't print as if they don't have some kind of permission.

From the Photosmarat toolbox, I even tried to "Align the print cartridges". Same result.

It's as if there is absolutely no communtications from my PC when they are logged in.

Help!!!

Bob

YOu need to give these other people permissions on the computer other than "guest" permission. From what you currently described, its only you that has the proper access to the computer and all of its resources. If you goto the control panel and then select users, then give them access to programs, printers, etc..

but if you dont want them to install programs, make sure you configure the permisions to specify that.

Let me know if you need futher help.

David Drury
Northeast Laser Image

I would agree that they need to be given permission. However, I don't know exactl how to do this.

Bob

Try This,

they might not have a printer installed. If not, install the same printer for each person so each user account has something to identify when they want to print.

David Drury
Northeast Laser Image
d.drury@northeastlaserimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back