Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! HOW TO REMOVE REVERSE LOOKUP ZONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyichux

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
Hi All,

I installed DNS on a Windows 2000 server with a wrong domain name. Now I want to remove the forward and reverse lookup zones. I succeed in removing the forward lookup zone, unistalling DNS then restart the server. But when the server starts and I reinstall DNS and create the forward lookup zone with the correct domain name, the previous domain name still comes up as the SOA for the new domain.

I've tried everything I know to do with no luck. I do not want to reinstall the OS. I have cleard DNS cache, removed and re-installed DNS several times, with the same result. The server is not currently connected to the Internet.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ifeanyi

check your ip settings and make sure that the dns name of your pc doesn't still have the wrong name and registering it with the dns server.

Hi Nhidalgo,

I checked, and removed all entries for DNS in the properties of TCP/IP on this server.

Please can think of any other things I can do?

Thanks,

Ifeanyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back