Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - How to get my Sold-To Number when Vendor has gone out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indefinitedrums

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2012
US
Hello

We purchased our system from a local vendor about five years ago and never received a Sold-To number. For additional license purchases we always provided the Local Dongle Serial but obviously we cannot get any software upgrades, etc without the Sold-To number. This vendor has now gone out of business and I have not been able to get in contact with anyone from the company.

I asked my current (online) vendor for help and they just offered to give me their hosted links for software :/

I was able to access the GRT and tried to find our registration but was not successful. When I called Avaya they told me to call a vendor.

Does anyone have any insight on how we might be able to obtain our Sold-To Number? I appreciate any help – thank you in advance.

Just call Avaya, they have a internal sold to lookup tool and can tell you within one minute your sold to number.

They always created a Sold-To when you bought something, you needed to attach a customer to the order.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

The Avaya system seems far more complicated than other suppliers!

You don't need to the sold to number to buy licences (at least for ADI) but you do need the STN to register as a customer so you can download the software.

To order licenses all you should need is your dongle number. You may not have had a sold-to created depending upon your original dealer and if they registered the deal or not. It did not used to be required. If your on-line vendor cannot get you the licenses I would contact a real authorized Avaya dealer who can assist. Many of the on-line vendors are not true Avaya dealers.

we get one every time as long as we register the new site with Avaya

Screw that, they have no right to know who our customers are and we have no interest in letting them know, they would be tempted to pull a Mitel if they know too much....Hence the PLDS licencing attempt to gather this info, we will register all deals to ourselves on there too, if we ever sell R10 :)

>Just call Avaya

They told me they couldn't help and to call a vendor. My current vendor just offered to give links to their hosted copies of software

>you may not have one.. back then it wasn't required.

This is probably what happened

>Why do you need the sold to number to buy licenses?
>To order licenses all you should need is your dongle number.
Telecomboy is right you only need the dongle to order licenses. I said in the OP that we can get licenses but cannot access software from Avaya's site without a Sold-To number.

I guess the best route is to contact another local vendor and see what they can do to help.

Correct. As an end customer you can't get a SSO login to download software from support.avaya.com if you don't have an end customer FL.

If there isn't one an Avaya business partner is able to create it.

It's probably easier to just ask someone to dropbox it for you, costs them nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back