Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP. How can I send HTML emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneil1

Technical User
Jan 12, 2005
JM
I need some help here. My boss wants me to set up a system where-by he is able to send busines partners emails of products we have done.

>> Emails will more than likely include text and images/flash animation.

>> I am somewhat of a rookie where this sort of thing in concerned.

I think you'd better send them link to the special part of your website, where you keep this "emails". Sort of like a newsletter on the net and you send a correct link to the partners every time it changes. If you insist on the email, you need to tell where limitations are -- can you make the website, but are unsure how to transform that website to email, what email client you will be using, or what server-side code will be generating emails, etc.

I am the one who did the web site, and I would very well want to simply send the persons a link to the section of the web site, but my boss insists that he wants the page to be sent via email.

I'm not able to transform it to email however.
I'll be using hotmail.

>>re: newsletter software [Thanx ChrisHirst, but I would like the code and not a software to do the job]

>>re: newsletter software [Thanx ChrisHirst, but I would like the code and not a software to do the job]

Not sure I quite understand. The email software would let you create HTML emails and control the sending of them.
If you are a rookie in this area then I would suggest it's at least worth considering.

You might like to try an online service such as Microsoft's Bcentral ( or It's low cost and makes it easy to create, send, and most importantly track the emails.

There are many considerations and corresponding pitfalls to consider when doing this sort of thing (something admitedly most people don't consider :) )

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Toccoa Games - Day of Defeat gaming community
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
"I'm making time

Thanx Foam. I might as well try that route. God Bless!!!

Hey thanx wiser3...I'll let u know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back