Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!! Help needed with extension moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalsey

MIS
Aug 9, 2005
US
My co-worker who is our NEC expert is out and I need to remotely swap 2 extensions. Can anyone assist me with the first few steps necessary to complete this? I know it has something to do with moving the LENs but I'm kind lost from there.

I also know that I'll have to verify the Prime Line, 2nd line, forwarding, DID and message waiting....

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

You can simply swap the numbers in CMD 10 but what you should not do is delete either of them. Put a spare number on the first which will free up that number put that on the second freeing up that one then go back to where you put the spare number and replace it with the number off the second one and they will be swapped. Before you do this most people would recommend that you remove the stations from any groups they may be in (CMDs 16, 17 & 18) but I have never had problems leaving them in.You would then need to go into CMD 9000 and swap the second lines. CMD E600, E601 & E602 cover the majority of forwarding and as for message wait I would recommend you get the users to clear thier messages before you begin. If you have names set these will need changing too CMD 770

However there is a simpler way in matworks, you will find a swap option in one of the drop down tabs, try that.

In Matworxs, there is a swap command under the station header. Follow the prompts.

Thank you for the instructions. That helps me a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back