Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP - HELP - HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds2728

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
US
Hello,

I hope someone can give me some help.

I have coded a database and has been operational for about a year. I have been adding another section to the database and I am currently getting an error on code on code that has been working.

The following is the line of code that is causing the error.

Form_<formname>.<object>.visable=false

Error message received :

&quot;Method or data member not found&quot;

If I change the line of code to:

me!<object>.visable = false

It is not just the .visable, it appears when ever I use the &quot;form_&quot; And this is throuhout my code.

PLEASE HELP

Dave

Could it be a typing error?
It's .visible not .visable

Hello,

Thanks for your response, but I am not the the speller at all. As I said in my first post this code has been working for about 1 year and has started acting up since I have added a few modules to the overall project.

I am puzzled

Thanks

dave

It's simple--&quot;form_&quot; is not something that Access recognizes. Don't use it anymore.

RASKEW,

Thankyou, I will go through the process of changing all the code for the correction.

My last question would be, why did it work and why does it work on the existing database that has not been updated with the copy undergoing development????

Thanks,

dave

Since this was a working database and has stopped working, it implies that something outside the database changed.

I would check the references section (open the module (the code on the form in this case) that has the code -- then Tools and References).

It seems like something got updated on the machine and links to one of the References is broken. Fix the reference issue and that should solve the problem.

Sandip
shahs@microdental.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back