Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Has anyone used the APC BR1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpearson

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I need to buy two of these for my small office, but the reseller,and APC are telling me that there is a delay of time between when our power goes out,and when the UPS kicks in.My problem is I cant have any latency between there to avoid having to power cyccle or restart my router.I need protection and constant power at the time of our 2-3 power outages a weeek.Any suggestions?

no. but My APC unit does not have a delay. BackUPS-ES350.

Want 360 degrees of web design, maintenance, hosting, and advertising solutions for your buisness? check us out at for details!!!

Don't worry, this delay is present in all stand-by UPS models (transfer time). But mostly all computers and devices will work fine with it.
If you need to support mission-critical equipment go for On-Line models, otherwise Stand-By units will do fine; even for servers.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Jose.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back