Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help guys please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz6215

Vendor
Sep 28, 2005
GB
i am cuerrently enrolled on i t essentials 1 cisco academy and when trying to view course material when accessing the link the web page is opening blank! i have downloaded the latest version of shockwave and flash and also updated windows from microsoft but still can not view! is there something i have missed or i am not doing ??? thanks!!!

daz6215,
Are you trying to access the link from a CD or from an existing web site?

What OS and IE version are you running?

Have you tried dumping cookies and temp internet files?

hi ive tried dumping cookies and have updated i e from microsoft and i am operating on xp home edition the page i am trying to view is from the cisco academy site hope this can be of help!!

thank xaqte,
no luck im afraid just tried firefox but its doing the same thing!! i do like the browser though!!! i guess im going to have to get in touch with the college to see if it may be a problem from their side !! thanks again for the help!!

Do you have a program installed, say something like a popup stopper, that is just doing its job but interfering with your work? Sounds like that could possibly be the problem to me.
I would temporarily disable all popup stoppers, a\virus, firewalls, etc, etc and see if one of those programs or utilities is the problem.

Also, using run\msconfig\startup, have a look at what starts up with windows. If there is a program or util that is messing you up it will likely be in there. You can uncheck some of them right from there, then reboot.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

thanks mate thats actually done the trick, ive changed my browser and unblocked the pop up checker and disabled anti virus and its come on at last!!!!!!! thank everyone for their help!!!! :)

daz6215, thanks for the star! Also, you likely can set the popup stopper to allow this one particular site, same thing with antivirus.
Either way, good luck on that.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back