Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! GRTD call statistic keep resetting to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwc2005

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2005
US
Hi all,
New to this GRTD thingy, just managed to complete setting up with vendors but somehow the call statistic display on the bulletin board keep resetting all the call data back to zero after a period of time (approx. 10 mins).

We check the call flows and scripts. It seem okie. Can anyone help or advise what I need to check or zoom in on?
Thanks in advance.

depends on what you want to see; The Node-billboards do reset. That's why i use Skillset-billboards, these do not reset every 10 minutes.

Basically, we are using GRTD on SCCS 5.0 and are monitoring the "Agent on Call", "Number of Abandond Call", etc.

Do you know if there is option or field that allows me to set the reset time to 24hrs?

Not sure in 5.0 but 4 was in Symposium Client.
Reports & Displays>Statistics configuration>Real Time Statistics>
Make sure interval is 24:00hrs

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Hi gwc,

Just wanted to check with you something.
Can I ask you how may GRTD's you have installed at your call centre?

I wanted to ask somebody as I have tried installing 4 and that really slows down my server. Sometimes hangs it too.

I think there is one problem if you set the interval on 24 hrs; your reports will also be on a 24 hrs interval.

Elsagladiac: try to adjust the update rate of GRTD.

Well you aren't supposed to run GRTD and the Symposium CLient on the same machine. This can cause issues since all GRTD is doing is establishing a similar path to the client.

If you go into Symposium and check the connected sessions you will see that every instance of GRTD is taking up the same slot just like a Desktop login.

The Symposium Server has a limited amount of ability to provide such service. I believe you aren't supposed to have more than 100 total sessions per server. This also can be skewed depending on how many displays you might have open at the same time as well. When you start to come close to the maximum number of sessions your displays can crash or reset and the performance of your server will degrade.

I don't think setting real time interval to 24hrs will affect your reports as they are historical stats ( I may be wrong).
We have 30 GRTDS running and they are fine. Only major network traffic affects ours and that results in lock ups rather than zero'ing.
Loosing connection should not reset the results either as they will restore on reconnection.
Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Hi all,
do appreciate your help and advise in this matter. Not sure what resolution the vendor put in but works. Anyway, will find out the resolution and post it up. Cheers!

gwc

Hi GWC2005.

We have just had a similar issue after a call centre move + upgrade to SECC 4.0
The symposium server syncs its time to the Meridian, however, it was also syncing to our network time server which was 2 mins. different to the time on the switch.
If the symposium server and/or the switch time change by more than a minute or so, all displays reset to zero.
We disabled the network time service on the symposium server server + things have been fine since.

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back