Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - goLive newbie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikekomm

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
US
We're just starting to use goLive in our office and need some basic help. When we connect to our our website and open an HTML page on the server, none of the images show up. They all show as broken image tags. I'm certain there simply needs to be a box checked somewhere but I can't find it. When we have used DreamWeaver (is it OK to use the "D" word on this forum? :) ) , the images would always show up. Any help is appreciated.

Check you Golive .site folder. If you have any spaces in the names of the folders leading from your hard drive to the site, it may cause this problem. for example: if you have a folder named "my files", you may need to change it to "my_files" or "myfiles". no spaces. See if this works.

Why are you opening the pages on the server with GoLive?

I you want to edit the pages you should edit the local files, then upload them. If you want to see what the pages on the server look like you should surf to them using a browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back