Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help getting POP3 Connector to work please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchmore

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am trying to use the POP3 Connector facility within SBS2003 but am having problems sending outgoing mail.

We have been using a standard Outlook Express POP3 connection for emails but now want to upgrade to use the POP3 Connector facility with our ISP.

I seem to have configured incoming email ok with emails being polled, and received, every 15 minutes but I don't seem to be able to get the outgoing email settings for SMTP configured properly.

The error message I receive when trying to send email is as follows:

'Jonathan Mann' on 11/10/2005 12:01
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
< #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <JonathanMann@mydomainltd.local>>

(where "mydomain.co.uk" is the registered domain name and "mydomainltd.local" is the internal domain name)

Any help would be gtarefully received.

Thanks & regards.

it looks like to me that your isp smtp server needs authentication go to properties go to outgoing mail put a check in the my server requires authentication then click setting and either use "use same settings as my incoming mail server or use the "log on using" and type your login info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back