Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help getting Music on Hold to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

richb808

Technical User
Nov 10, 2014
US
Hi guys,

I have a Norstar MICS system that I inherited and it was wired up for music on hold by someone before me.
I am able to get background music to work from a phone set (F86).

But when I put a call on hold the music never plays. Just silence.
I checked the programming and the On Hold setting is set for Music.

Any suggestions please on any thing else I can try to figure out why I hear no music when I press the hold button on a phone set?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!
Rich

The MOH circuit is split inside the cabinet for background and music on hold. If one doesn't work, but is turned on in software, then there is a hardware issue with the cabinet. There is no in field fix, replace the cabinet.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Thanks allworx. I'll look to see if we have a spare of the card and change it out to see if it fixes it.

I hear no music when I press the hold button on a phone set

You don't hear music when you press the hold button. The person you put on hold should hear the music. Get someone to call you and see if they hear the music.

Hi Bob3470, sorry I didn't explain that better, but yes I did call someone and put them on hold and they verified it was not playing music. Thanks.

rich if it is the circuit then it's in the cabinet and not a card. Did it use to work if not maybe they have it punched down onto the wrong pair it should go on Y/O & O/Y.

If you get music through the phone with F86 then it is punched right. Maybe a reboot??

Wayne T

Hi hawks, I'm told by the users that it did work in the past but then stopped working at some point.
Hi silve987 we'll look into doing a reboot first as well.
Haven't had a chance to get back over to the site to check on the spares, hopefully later this week.
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back