Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help GaMe Freezes on me and Makes long beep Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I need help whenever i play a game like star craft or Freedom force demo the game freezes and makes a long beep noise in my speakers. I have a sound blaster audigy, 850mhz, 256 ram, gforce mx400, and windows xp professional. I cant ctrl alt del cause it wont do anything. I can only reset the comp. Help please respond!

Is that game XP compatible ?

Is that demo XP compatible ?

StarCraft is OLD. That maybe the problem right there.

Freedom force ? What do the authors of the Demo have to say about the softwares compatibility ? Do they say that you can play it on XP ?

have u tried running the game in compatabilty mode?

StarCraft should run fine under Windows XP.

Does this happen on only those two games or all games? It might be overheating, which would cause the processor to slow down and most likely freeze the game completely.

You might want to update your drivers too. Did you do a clean install of XP or a upgrade? I've seen the "upgrade install" cause a few problems with drivers from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back