Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help !! Form values in the User Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhargava

MIS
May 3, 2001
IN
Hi,

I am working on a ActiveX Control that runs on the Browser. The application is supposed to run as an OCX component downloaded onto the users machine. The user works from his machine connected to the Internet and then when finished working clicks SAVE and the data is saved onto the server.

However before this happens, many a things happen. There are many forms required to be present on the control so as to permit easier work interface. For eg: user writes a letter in a text box which is on one of the form. When he has finished editing, he says insert the content into the Control (from where he can save).

Now this where the problem is, I can open the Form from the Control but can't pass the values back to the Control or know when has the user closed the Form, he was working in.

Please help me as to how do I retain the control over my application.

Regards

Amit Bhargava

One possible solution could be to define global variables visible both from User Control and from all other forms.

I had the similar problems reading in values from the controller. I just put all of my functions within my user control. REMOVE FORM.

Absolutley no experience with web-design, so maybe totally off here, but: wouldn't it be possible to open the form modal? Then you'll know when the user clicked ok (or whatever) and you can read the text from the form.

Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back