Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help for setting up automaticly send out a e-mail? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolgun

MIS
Feb 17, 2005
US
Now I'm using Outlook express for my e-mail handler, is there any way I can setup a auto out send e-mail when I open my e-mail programm?

Or any other software can handle it!

Thanks!

Dan

yes, Now I'm using Outlook express 6.0, there is a file I need to send out every morrning. so if there is a method to help me to setup the e-mail automaticly send out to my customer?

Thansk!

Dan

poolgun, more info is needed,what are u trying to send? is it an email?,do you recieve the file from someone?.Thnx

It is only an email with one attach file to my customer.

Not form someone else.

Thanks!

Dan

poolgun,
google for 'blat' like previously suggested. then you do not even need to open your email client - can be done as a scheduled task.
regards,
longhair

How should I do in scheduled task, cause my os is win98 se.

Thanks!

Dan

longhair,
don't have win98 in front of me now, but should be able to get to one this weekend. should still have scheduled tasks, though. try looking in the control pannel.
how does this pc send mail? pop3 or are you in a domain with an exchange server?

regards,
longhair

poolgun,
not sure if blat will work then. is the pop3 account with an isp? is the line to the pop3 mailserver always open?
regards,
longhair

pop3 account not with ISP, but always open.

Thanks!

Dan

poolgun,
scheduled tasks should be located:
start, programs, accessories, system tools, scheduled tasks.
like i said not sure if blat will work with pop3 but it should be covered in the documentation.
regards,
longhair

I try the scheduled task, which does not work for email sending.

Thanks anyway!

Dan

I've download it to my pc, but still learning..

Dan

For another option to try. Not sure if it works with 98se though.

go to this website and download the ansmtp installer (link on page)
go to the directory where you installed the ansmtp
(default is C:\Program Files\AdminSystem.NET\ANSMTP)
go to samples\vbs scripts
right click and edit the sendmail.vbs.
right at the bottom of the script is information you need to edit. the line is 'send. the first quotations is the sender, second quotes is the recipiant, third is the subject, fouth is body, last is the SMTP provider (can be you ISP provider).
change the values as needed and test by double clicking.
when you have changed the info don't forget to remove the ' in front of the send command.

To attach a file just remove the ' infront of oSmtp.AddAttachment "c:\test.txt" and put the path to your file in the quotation marks

now create either create a scheduled task to run this file or put a shortcut into you startup folder (under start).

Goner05

Thank you so much!
That is great stuff which make me easier!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back