Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help filtering subform AND main form with one operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmpark

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
Thank you in advance for your help.

I have a database with one main table (tblPROJECT) left outer joined to 5 child tables by PROJpkey. The main form's control source is tblPROJECT and then there are 5 separate subforms for each of the 5 child tables one of which being tblPROPERTY/frmPROPERTY.

While looking at the main form and one subform, I'd like to be able to filter either of the forms. Currently I can filter the main form just fine but if I go in and filter the subform I end up with all of the main records but only the filtered subform records visible. I have to scroll through all of the main records to see the results of the subform filter.

Is there a simple way to set it up so that the main record is filtered by the subform filter results too. I tried to change the join to 1:1 but didn't seem to see any difference.

Thanks for any recomendations you may have.

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back