Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP. Exchange Server 2003 problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo007

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2003
ES
Hello all,

Installed MS Exchange Server 2003 on a standalone server (Win2000 called servertaranis) that is connected to the domain.

The network has a domain controller running Windows 2000 called serverfs.

I ran all the forest prep etc before installing Exchange Server from the servertaranis (Exchange server). No errors reported. I then installed Exchange Server.

I have configured it and all seems fine sending / receiving emails etc.

Problems:

I get this message in the event log:

Event ID: 8026

LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory SERVIDORFS.fsegura.esp for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x52] Local Error. DC=fsegura,DC=esp

For more information, click
I have created exchange mailboxes for all my domain users via the Active Directory Users & Computers snapin from the Exchange Server.

Most of the users mailboxes were created succesfull. There are about 15 users from 120 where it did not create an email address automatically.

If I try and add these users accounts to a client's PC's in Outlook it says the users mailbox does not exists. I check the AD Users and Computers snapin and find the mailbox does exists??

I think that could be why the error above appears?

DCdiag and Netdiag pass all tests.

The only way to get these troublesome users to have access to a mailbox is to delete the user in the AD and re-create it. This is a problem and I don't want to do this. There must be some problem causing this?

Did you try removing the mailbox attributes from the users accts and try re-adding the mailbox? It might be a band-aid until you figure out about the error message. Also, did you send a test message to the acct. to activate it?

8206 is an ldap bind failure and the result code 0x52 means it was a local error [on the target DC]. The users didn't get stamped because the connection to the DC failed. IF the problem was a temporary one, you can simply rebuild the RUS.

Xmsre,

That sounds like it. Can you tell me who to rebuild the RUS?

The error I get every day. I am thinking of running the exchange serup again with the /forestprep option to re-register the objects in teh DC.

What do you think?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back