Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Error 1610

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFY0

Programmer
Apr 25, 2004
US
We have two DC's and an exchange server which I am trying to fix. There are two problems that I am aware of so far. I can not access the public share folder using the Exchange System Manager even when logged in under administrator.

Could not locate root folder (public folder)
ID no: c103b405

The only thing I found was in german, which doesn't help me very much.

Next is the more insidious error. I am unable to start either a pop3 or imap4 server. The MMC says "could not start the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service on the local computer"

Error 1610: The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your suppor personnel.

In the event log gives

Source: POP3SVC
Event ID: 1013

Microsoft Exchange pop3 service startup fialed: no instance defined

and a little later

Source: POP3SVC
Event ID: 1040

IIS_Service::StartServiceOperation() failed error 0x64a.

Also the same event id's are given for the IMAP initilazation.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I have just experienced the same error and did a search and came across your thread.

Basically, I could not open the the public folders container and got the same error as yourself.

To resolve this, I noted that I had two HTTP virtual servers sharing the same IP address. I would therefore suggest you check all your virtual servers, POP3, IMAP, HTTP and see if you have more than one from any type and if so, then check they are unique, i.e. IP address, port number or host header.

Hope this helps.

I had the same error. I had host headers set for my default web site. I created another entry on the advanced button in the web tab with no host header and this solved my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back