Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Desk Support Flowchart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jward

MIS
Dec 21, 2000
US
I'm looking for any resources for flowcharting Helpdesk support procedures. My current role is Network/NT Administrator and I find myself constantly doing PC/Software
support on client machines. I want to collect as much data on normal business procedures as possible and create the following to present to my manager.

Normal Support Procedures
Our Current Support Procedure
My Proposed Support Procedure

Please help if you can

Thanks

Get a copy of Visio. If you cant attain a copy of that then try the software called smartdraw. You can download an evaluation at:

This will be more than enough to do flow charting.

-Jason

Above may not have been what you are looking for exactly. However, good luck with pinpointing "normal" business procedures. We IT people are involved in everything so there are no "normal" business procedures to us. Unless you’re in a fortune 500 company, its hard to stay secluded to one specific area. Here are some links to get you started:

You will find the most job descriptions on salary and career sites.

-Jason

Thanks for you input, My reasoning for doing this is due to cutbacks our boss was let go. now we report to a VP. The VP is not familiar with procedure so he's passing all IT operations processes through the IT support manager. Since that change order has been lost. I was able to create a flowchart of our current procedure as well as a proposed procedure. I also outlined the problems with our current and how the proposed will benifit us. I submitted it to the VP and he loved it. Just a step towards restoring order

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back