Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Damaged Quark 6 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyritz

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
The Quark 6 file I've been working on for the last two days (due this afternoon!) has somehow become damaged. I was going to try to drag the pages into a new file, but I can't even get it to open. Quark seems to be trying, but the cursor just spins and spins.

Usually our server is backed up every night, so I would only have lost half my work. Unfortunately though, the backup tape filled up last night, so I have nothing.

Is there any way to recover a damaged Quark 6 file???

---/---
Nathan Pyritz

The same thing happened to me today as well. Same exact thing. Have no idea what the deal is. hopefully somebody here will.

QXP 6.x doesn't work well on a Server workflow. This is a "know issue."

The work-around it to place the file on your desk top. Re-lable the server folder as "in use" or something like that so other designers don't open the file until your done.

When you are done. Save it on your desk top and Then put it back on the serve and change the folder name back to what it was.

On another note, if you can somehow get the doc open again (maybe via File, Open rather than a double click of file) then create a new doc/project (put both old and new in thumbnail view) and do a thumbnail drag from old the doc and new. This has fixed a boat load of corrupt files for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back