Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ... Crystal Report crashed everytime I change the input parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash4ever

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
US
I run the report on Windows 2000 machine. The first time I run the report, it always run fine. But if I try to run on the second time (with different parameter or the same parameter -- just try to refresh it), the report always crashed when trying to access the database. It never happened before since I have tested it for a couple of days before.

Any suggestion?

Vicky

Does this report have saved data? Maybe it is never really running, but simply showing saved data when you open it.

Are you launching it from an App?
What do you mean by "crash" Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

I have the same problem. In a VB developed app, if I call up one report-no problem. Calling a second report leads to the report BUT when I exit the app, I'm left with an error box concerning crystl32.ocx. It doesn't appear to matter what the order of reports requested is. It's just that any second report causes the crystl32.ocx bomb. Including code that discards saved data didn't help. The difference bewteen the reports is the passed parameters.

gnome,

A crash when hitting the database is different from a crash exiting an application. Please start a separate question. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Hi Ken,
Thank you for the response. I've found the problem. One of the subreport linked to two different database (Oracle and Access) for retrieving the same data. I used Access to test this report earlier and somehow forgot to remove the link.

Regards,
Vicky

Found the solution at Crystal Care. You cannot use more than one crystl.ocx in an application. If you want more than one report, just leave the parameters of Report1 blank in the properties window and define them in code. With the second and third reports, use different code but call the same Report1 OCX.

I would not put more than 1 OCX object on a single VB form (there's no need), but I've certainly used 1 OCX object per form on multiple forms in one VB app and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back