Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help creating a rounded rectangular image

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthomas31uk

Technical User
Oct 19, 2003
GB
Hi, Guys have got a rectangular image.....how can I make the image into a rounded rectangular image in photoshop??? As in rounded corners...I presume I use the rounded rectangle tool, but not sure how I do it.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Set the "feather" value beyond zero (try 20 to start) and re-draw the rectangle

how do I create the shape of the top of the rectangle??? do i have to use the pen tool?

dthomas - I think this thread will help

thread229-1240284

...kim

dthomas - I still think using the vector rounded rectangle tool is the easiest solution. The vector tools weren't available in old versions of PS so there are many creative workarounds.

...kim

Without a doubt, use the rounded rectangle tool, set to paths (adjust the radius on the option bar). Convert the path to a selection. Make sure the image has been elevated to a layer (Alt+click)or(Option+click for Mac). Hit the Layer Mask button on the layer palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back