Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help configuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaker80

MIS
Feb 1, 2011
US
I have a sbs2003 setup and the company has a BES installed. Recently one of the users decided to go to an Android (Epic). I for some reason get an authentication error trying to connect from the phone to the exchange server. I have a self signed SSL Cert at the time and all fields seem to be good on the phone. OMA is configured (although Im pretty sure its not required for this).

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Agreed, I will be doing that tonight, but that should not be preventing me from logging into the exchange server to retrieve email. Right?

Not sure, but I suspect your device doesn't trust the certificate (fairly common). Putting a trusted cert on the server has many advantages, and is the first place I'd start. You can look at the logs and probably see it wasn't able to get a connection.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

After reading further into this, it looks like ActiveSync may need to be installed on the Exchange server. Can anyone confirm if Activesync is needed for an Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back