Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help configuring m0x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew41238

MIS
Nov 28, 2007
US
I'm trying to install and configure a station module on a Norstar MICS system. I've already attached the station module. The power, fiber, and 66-block are all connected and powered up. Under Hardware I've assigned Station Module to module 12. Under Maintenance I've made sure Module 12 is enabled. However, under Maintenance Mod 12 says empty and if I check the state is says unequipped. What else do I need to do to make a station module work? Thanks for any advice.

All u need to do is plug it into a port on the fiber expansion card and power it up. u don't need to enable it in programming. The fact that it says unequipped under mod 12 tells me, that ur not connected to port 12.

How many 6 port expansion cards do u have? Which card starting from right to left are u connected to? Counting from the bottom up on the card, which port are u connected to?

I have two six port expansion cards. From right to left it is plugged into the 2nd card. It is the fourth port from the bottom. However, I have 3 open ports and I've tried all three ports and still get the unequipped message. Thanks.

Do u xc s/w (i.e. 7.1-xc)?

Do u have power going to the stn mod? Is the led lit on the stn mod?

I'm not sure what you mean by xc s/w - 7.1-xc.

Yes I do have power going to the stn mod and a red led is lit.

We have several other m0x16 station modules plugged into this card and they all work. However, we didn't install those modules.

Yup, plug in 1 phone on it so that it can handshake with the system.

MarvO said it

So I plugged in a phone and left it that way for at least 30 minutes and still nothing. It says empty and unequipped. Any more ideas? Thanks again for your help.

ok. we figured it out. it was a bad station module. we setup another one and it worked right away. thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back