Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help configuring DISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcalli

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
I have a client with a KXTA-624 v5 hooked to a TVA50. I have also setup a Grandstream VoIP gateway hooked up to CO4, which he uses for international calling. This works fine but now he wants it configured so that he can call into the system from his cell, choose a hidden option from the TVA'a AA menu (lets use 7), enter a 4 digit PIN code, which will then give him access to the system to then dial out on CO4. I've been trying different things and cannot get this to work. After beating my head against the wall I came across this yesterday in the KX-TVA50 console help file:
----------------
2.2.7 Call Transfer to Outside
Description
Enables the VPS to transfer a call to a trunk (CO line) from the following services:
–Custom Service
–Call Transfer Service
–Personal Custom Service
–Caller ID Callback

Conditions
•This feature is not supported when the PBX cannot transfer incoming trunk (CO line) calls to a trunk (CO line). The following PBXs do not support this feature:
–KX-TA624
–KX-TDA/KX-TAW series (MPR Version 1.1 or later is required.)
------------------------

Question: Does this ring true to those of you that have worked with the TA624's--that is not doable?

If you think it's doable, please enlighten me or better yet, provide a link where I can reach you. I didn't make much on this job but it's worth $50 if you can help me get this working just to get it outta my head!
Thanks,
Mark

The ficher can be done with a disa cart and a analogue port.

The call have to be anwser buy the disa, use the number for the trunk grp access (80x) and dial 9+number.

The analogue port (extension) is brige directly to the co line.
The extension have to be restriction and the line butted in a grp(80x). And give the disa acces to dial out.

Oups the extension is for internal ficher as paging and more

Buth the disa have to anwser for the option to dial out.
It's working

Some clown answered this question in PBXinfo.com.

It's not likely that you will like it.

LkEErie

Regarding my original question, would the newer KX-TA824 system allow for an inbound caller to access another CO line--using it's built in DISA or in conjunction with the TVA50's auto attendant? While it is creative solution, I'd prefer to avoid the loop around method suggested elsewhere.
If the 824 will do it, we'll upgrade and dump the 624 on EBay. Oh, anybody know if I can use the Gate/Door phone module from the 624 in the newer 824?
Thanks,

So what does it take with a Panasonic system to provide international dialtone to an outside salesperson?
How about being able to call from the outside and access an internal extension set to auto-answer that's hooked up to an external overhead paging system? It works fine from internal extension with the 624, but couldn't figure out how to do it by calling in from off premise.
Will an 824 be able to let a admin assistant put a call on hold to grab a second inbound call? Right now, with the 624, it just goes straight to VM--even though I've got call waiting active on her extension (101). Thanks for any suggestions/references.

get on the phone and get in the queue for non dealers....

I didn't know that this was a dealers only forum.

I didn't say it was its just you are trying to do a lot with the cheapest thing that they make/made,not to mention a discontinued item....so vent to them.
theres a box called the ultimate call handler allows you to
dial out with 3 way calling unplug the POS
624 and plug your lines into it when you leave the house or buy a phone card????

Thanks,
Are you saying that a TDA or TDE system will allow me access through DISA to do the following:
1. Dial an internal extension set to auto answer--this is connected through the headset jack to the whole house paging system.
2. Call into the system and access another CO line--this is to be able to call in from on the road and dial out to international #'s through a VoIP FXO gateway connected to another CO line.
3. Set the system up so that if the admin assistant is on one line and a call comes in, she can put the 1st on hold and answer the 2nd call--right now, it instantly goes to the TVA50 voicemail.
Any other gottcha's with these systems? Can I still use the 77XX phones?

so give your client the number of a certified
dealer !!

Yes to all of your questions IF you get it programmed correctly see your local Panasonic dealer it will save you time and money to get it right the first time

you probably won't need the grandstream if you do the TDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back