Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP - Configuring CVS to Launch Hudson on Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybisco

Programmer
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have been working on a project for my company that uses Hudson Continuous Integration to test newly committed Java code. My goal is to have CVS call Hudson to run a testing script after a Commit. I have tried several solutions, but I just don't know CVS well enough to reach my goal. What are CVS's limitations in terms of automatic functionality after a commit? Can it call an external script file? Can it open a web browser and click on a field? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Please let me know if further information is needed, thanks.

There is quite a bit of information on the basics of this on the web - you could start by reading pages like this:

I myself have a post commit call to a script that does some simple housekeeping and generates emails. I don't see why you couldn't hook it up to a script that could do exactly what you wanted but I can't think how it would directly open a browser and take action. Remember to be careful about how long your script blocks for.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." --- Douglas Adams

Thanks man, I've been searching online for a long time, and that site is the first I found with any useful information. I hope I find more like it. If you know of any other sites or information available, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back