Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Close Form ShowModal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvduan

Programmer
May 9, 2002
VN
I want close a Form ShowModal When call a Form ShowModal either. You help me close Form first.
Thank you a lot.

You need to set the form's ModalResult to a nonzero value. For example:
Code:
ModalResult = 1;
James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Wings,
[tab]I wondered about that but according to the help files you have to set ModalResult. I wonder what would happen if you do Close()????? I did notice that ModalResult sends it results back to the opening form, maybe close would work but not send anything back to the original form.

James P. Cottingham

Both methods should work fine, but the best way would be to set the ModalResult property of buttons on the form at design-time, that way you don't need to write any event handlers and the form automatically closes when a button is pressed.
Also with MOdalResult you can use the return value of ShowModal to check if the user pressed OK, Cancel etc.

close kills it. I use it in common practice and it never did me any harm. Cyprus
[noevil]

As near as I can tell, quasin00b is right. Both work but if you want to have a return value you have to use ModalResult.
James P. Cottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back