Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help choosing please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello i am new to programming and would like to know which languages would best suite me i have done a little bit in visual basics and i enjoyed it,it wasnt nothing much just basics and i have also done some c which i also enjoyed but i want to put all my time and efforts into one language and hopefully find full time employment from doing this so my question is which would be best doing VB or C ....i am hopeing once finished one of the languages wanting to go and do the other one later on in life. Thank you

Very broad question. There is no right answer. It all depends on what kind of applications you want to develope. I have written in Assembly, C, C++, Visual Basic, Quick Basic, VB Script, and a few more. Each one has or had its place.

I found Visual Basic to be the simplest GUI based langauge for the Windows platform. I have also heard a comment made that you can do anything in VB that you can do in C++. I guess that with that said, I vote to "start out" with Visual Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back