Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help changing extentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mleija

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2014
US
Hi,

Sorry for such a newb post but was looking through the forums and either I don't understand the terminology used to accomplish what I am trying to do or just couldn't find it.

I have just been assigned to handle a TVA50. It is all setup and working fine (luckily) but the one thing I cannot seem to do is switch an extension from one to another. Meaning when a caller hits 2 for tech support, instead of 212, I want it going to 202. That make sense?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am able to access the TVA Maintenance Console and can see everything just don't know where this option is.

I look in there and I have:

Day Greeting
0: Operator
1: Trf to Extn:602
2: Trf to Extn:603
3: Trf to Extn:604

but all my extensions are 102-110.

And extension 1 is sales which makes all the phones ring. 2 is tech support which only 1 phone will ring and that is the one I want to change. It says 2 will ring 603 but that phones extension is 202 on the phone itself.

Please help.

603 is an Incoming Call Distribution Group. Look in "members" for that group and you will find what you are looking for.

And where would I find that members option?

I have:
Mailbox Settings
Class of Service
Port/Trunk Service
Service Settings
System Parameters
H/W Settings
Reports
System Security

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back