Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! can't see/install an NDPS printer from a Win2K workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRCC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
CA
Hi.

I just setup a new Win2K PRO workstation and am trying to setup a printer. We're running a NetWare 5.0 (patched current) network. The printer is an NDPS printer and I can't "see" it either in Printer Setup or Network Neighbourhood. If I log onto a Win98 workstation, I can see it fine. I have the curent Novell Client installed (4.83) with all options (including NDPS) installed.

Any ideas as to why I can't "see" this printer?

TIA for any and all suggestions!

Mark

Mark,

We have seen a similar problem in our environment with our user policies. We had to check the registry entry HKLM\Software\Netware\NDPS and HKLM\Software\Netware\NDPS\Installed Printers. Everyone needed Full Control. We added this group and the problem was fixed.

Thanks for the rapid response, creeps (interesting nick).

I had already made sure that the user policies was correct.
The solution to our particular problem was with the Novell Client 4.83. Even though I had installed that client with the latest SP and with NDPS installed as well, I couldn't "see" any NDPS printers. This morning, I completely uninstalled the client and did a fresh re-install with a new downloaded copy and lo-and-behold, all NDPS printers are now visible and accessible.

Thanks again for your rapid response!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back