Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ! Can Update my DB! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandito

Programmer
Apr 12, 2000
AU
Visit site
Error message : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' <br><br>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <br><br>I started to developed this web page (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> I had ASP code to connect and add a new item to a database.<br>Page in use is <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> page is meant to process the information taken on the form and it is suppose to add the item to the database. (A confirmation its suppose to indicate the items had been added) <br>However I get this strange error (above).&nbsp;&nbsp;At home I have PWS running and the page runs perfect.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am able to add items correctly to the database. So that rules SQL incorrect syntax out.&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried using the ActiveX object to add items to the DB and I still get the same error.&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried using a DSN connectivity and a DSNess Connectivity and I still get the error.<br>Given that in my system (running PWS and Access2000) it works perfectly I am hopefull you could help me.<br>I had uploaded to my host server both Access 2000 version and the 98 version of the same DB but in both i get the same error.<br>According to MS the error comes when ActiveX objects are not able to communicate to the Database.<br><br>Thanks for your attention.<br><br>Fernando De Leon.<br><br><br><br>

Hi,<br><br>Check you write permission on the server <p>din<br><a href=mailto:tidrus@bigfoot.com>tidrus@bigfoot.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ # 26094048

Hi Fernando,

What is the status of the problem now ? How did you fix it ? Can you share with us?

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back