Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Calls keep dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrulez

MIS
Jun 27, 2005
US
Hi guys, need your help. Calls are dropping intermittenly on several phones. It has been going on for sometime now, and I need to get it resolved. What can I do or request our provider to do? Calls drop on Incoming/outgoing, local/long distance calls.

We have an Option 11c w/Mermail.

do you have more then one route? my 1st guess would be a trunk or dirty t1, if it's happening on several routes then try to isolate it to a single card.. calls are dropping is a useless discription, you stated in/out ld.local, get a list of times direction and dn of set

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have limited knowledge in PBX systems, I would not know how to gather that information.

Do you have any err, bug, trk or other codes on your terminal or history report?

Do the calls drop immediately or is there a brief connection? Do you use the same route for in and out calls?

tried that approch, but looks like a user without screen access..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I do have access through terminal. It's just that I don't know any commands to get the information. The calls do not drop immediately, usually happens around 15-20min.

If you guys can tell me what commands to enter, I can copy and paste the info here. Thanks.

I am having a very similar problem with ITG calls and some unconfirmed external calls, they just go away for no apparent reason. The quality is fine, then BAM! call drops. It does seem suspicious that this hapopening on 3904 phones and not my 3905 and 3's.(HMMMMMMM). Seriously though, it is frustrating and I can find no indication as to why. I will follow this thread closely and update it as I find more out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back