Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! BCP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

billdvldog

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
Hello all,

I've been asked to migrate a database from a Sybase 11.9.2 DEC Unix system to a Sybase ASE 12.0 Windows 2000 Server system. Most of the tables bcp out, ftp, and bcp in just fine, but I have some tables with text fields that are causing me problems, even with -T set (to any value). I get the following message:

"Text/image field is larger than the maximum value. Data truncated."

Then the process just hangs, so I have to kill it. Any ideas?

BCP commands:

OUT: bcp emadmin..archive_comment out /sybase/archive_comment -T20480 -n -U -P

IN: bcp emadmin..archive_comment out /sybase/archive_comment -T20480 -n -U<user> -P<pass>

Thanks,

Bill

Hi,

Sorry I'm new in Sybase, but have you considered doing a dump database instead a BCP. I had problems with the BCP cmd with big tables, so the dump cmd really helped out and it takes less time also.

Bye

Unfortunately that is not an option when migrating data from a Unix platform to a Windows platform, even though it is the same product (Sybase).

Thanks for the idea though!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back