Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: BCM50 lost conference call transfer (Function70) after patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM50

Technical User
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hello all-

My tech and I can not figure it out - but after upgrading our BCM50 software with various offical Nortel patches (to fix static, bugs) we lost full 3-way conference call ability. In other works, we can create a 3-way conference call but can not leave it (leaving 2 other parties still talking). Thus, we must sit and baby-sit the whole call, to keep the connections alive.

A clue here is that Funtion 70 errors with a LCD message saying "unavailable transfer", and the phones soft-key button 3 no longer offers "transfer", it is now blank.

This was our Conference Call method that worked perfectly for 6 months:

1. CONFERENCE CALL (three or more parties on the line):
(Directions must be followed EXACTLY for it to work)
- While on call – place call on HOLD (push orange hold button)
- Push the empty INTERCOM line and dial second call or extension, speak as needed
- When you are ready to connect to all three calls together, press the CONFERENCE CALL button, then the first (blinking) INTERCOM line. You will now have all parties connected.
o If you would like to leave (disconnect yourself) from the conference call without disconnecting the two parties, press FEATURE 70 – the screen should read “Transfer Successful”. This is a typical transfer-to-claims situation.
o If you would like to end the call for all parties, simply say “goodbye everyone” and press the orange disconnect button

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Joe
15 extension insurance agency
Seattle, WA

Continued:

Per my phone tech who is talking with Nortel:

So I have been talking to them about it and it seems that it is not a feature that they have known about previously so I need to do a bit more talking to them. Obviously at some point it was able to do it but not now. In the documentation the only exception is that it can only do it on "some" line types. the only thing that at this point I can think would be a difference is that with the updates it actually fixed something else but as a result took that feature away from a PRI line. I am still going to do some more research on this though for you. Until that time you can have people do a transfer without conference by pressing Transfer and dialing 9 plus the number and if they wait on the line they can talk to the new party, however the caller who called in (the customer) will not be able to talk to the new party until you hang up. This is a transfer not a conference so all three will not be able to talk only the customer and you and the new call and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back