Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help!!! backup for user or tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcampo

Programmer
Jun 13, 2006
EC
Hi...

How can I a backup for an user X or tables?
I need find this information why I'm studing Oracle Database and I want to learn use correctly Oracle!!

thanks

You could begin by reading the manuals, specially the exp(port)/imp(ort) utilities.
[3eyes]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Also, dcampo, since we already know that posters are here on Tek-Tips for "Help", you should not include the word "Help" in your Subject titles.[2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Some people select the data into another table. Import / Export is probably the textbook answer, but for small and mid-size tables it's probably not worth the effort UNLESS you're trying to keep it for auditing or proof later that the data was in a particular state. In that case, I always suggest a full backup (Check out RMAN).

A FULL backup for a schema or only a few tables?

Maybe the "SQL" part in your handle refers to the WinDoze kind, where allways the only solution is to re-boot.

[noevil]

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

thanks for response...

My question is so sometimes, I have make backup to only users because I make a backup for all database, take several time.

What command I can use for do it a backup for any user o table specfic?

Any command in SQL*PLUS?

thanks

There is NO SQL*Plus command for backup, you need to use the import/export utilities.
[sadeyes]

DCampo,

To create an export dump file, from the operating system prompt, for an Oracle user/schema:
Code:
exp buffer=15000000 compress=n grants=y feedback=1000 consistent=y file=<some dump file name> log=<some log file name> statistics=none [b]owner=<username>[/b] userid=<username>/<password>@<tns alias>
The important parameter, above, which specifies that you want to export an entire user's/schema's objects is "owner=<user/schema>".

To create an export dump file, from the operating system prompt, for specific tables, replace the "owner=..." parameter with "tables
Code:
exp buffer=15000000 compress=n grants=y feedback=1000 consistent=y file=<some dump file name> log=<some log file name> statistics=none [b]tables=<table_1>,<table_2>,...<table_n>[/b] userid=<username>/<password>@<tns alias>
In both of these examples, the entire "exp" command line should be on one physical line at the command prompt.

Let us know if this answers your questions.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back