Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! assigning values and calculating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrdutches

MIS
Aug 10, 2003
US
I am working on a survey with the rankings as 1 - with an assigned value of 0, 2 with an assigned value of 25, 3 - with an assigned value of 50, 4 - with an assgined value of 75 and 5 - with an assigned value of 100. when i bring this over into my report from the query, i get the right answer of just a few of them. This is what I have in my query for one of the questions. Expr1: IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=1,0,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=2,25,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=3,50,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=4,75,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=5,100)))))
What's wrong??? I am so new to this and learning on my own! Do I need an = sign in front with the DCOUNT, of SUM??? Please help!!! lrdutches@aol.com

Try:
ERValue:([ERTimeBeforeSeen]-1) * 25

Duane
MS Access MVP

Duane
I just realized what part of my problem is but not sure how to correct it! I am actually getting the correct number in my report BUT the correct figure is pulling only one record from my form. I need the total for my question that is in my form and then from this I need it to pull whatever value that it corresponds to. Ex. My ER Form has a question in reference to this -
ertimebeforeseen
Say I have two different people that gave this question a one each. So my total on my report would be 2 for this question. Now I need a column showing this 2 as a value of 25. Right now, it is showing a value of 0 because it is only looking at one survey answer - not both of the survey answers. I have my IIF Statement in my query.
I know I am clueless! Sorry!

What's all this talk of forms? Do you really mean form or are your referring to data and reports? Can you enter a few records and the results you want in your report?

Duane
MS Access MVP

i have the survey set up in a form where the receptionist will enter all the data when a survey is turned in. One of the questions is "Waiting Time Before Being Seen By A Nurse" and there is a drop down box for her to click the number that was circle (1,2,3,4,5). Then she can pull a report say for the month of december and i have a column that has calculated the AVERAGE for this question. Now, they want a column showing the 1,2,3,4,5 as a value of (1,0), (2,25), (3,50),(4,75),(5,100). I was getting the right answer with the Expr1:(which is in my query) IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=1,0,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=2,25,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=3,50,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=4,75,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=5,100,)))))) BUT this is only pulling the information from one survey entry not all the ones entered for these question! am i totally confusing you! i have never had a class in this - just the SUPER SIZE book in front of me that speaks another language! :) Thanks!

Apparently you didn't read my second sentence. I would expect you to type something like:
My data in the field is
[ERTimeBeforeSeen]
I want this to display in my report as:

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back