Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!assigning values and calcuating in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrdutches

MIS
Aug 10, 2003
US
I am working on a survey with the rankings as 1 - with an assigned value of 0, 2 with an assigned value of 25, 3 - with an assigned value of 50, 4 - with an assgined value of 75 and 5 - with an assigned value of 100. when i bring this over into my report from the query, i get the right answer of just a few of them. This is what I have in my query for one of the questions. Expr1: IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=1,0,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=2,25,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=3,50,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=4,75,IIf([ertimebeforeseen]=5,100)))))
What's wrong??? I am so new to this and learning on my own! Do I need an = sign in front with the DCOUNT, of SUM??? Please help!!! lrdutches@aol.com

Usually when using the IIf function, the first IIf should have an = sign in front of it. Try Expr1: =IIf(...[/green] and see if that works for you.

TwoOdd
--------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
-- Barry LePatner

hi barry - my formula is "kinda" working! ha! i have the survey set up in a form where the receptionist will enter all the data when a survey is turned in. One of the questions is "Waiting Time Before Being Seen By A Nurse" and there is a drop down box for her to click the number that was circle (1,2,3,4,5). Then she can pull a report say for the month of december and i have a column that has calculated the AVERAGE for this question. Now, they want a column showing the 1,2,3,4,5 as a value of (1,0), (2,25), (3,50),(4,75),(5,100). I was getting the right answer with the Expr1:(which is in my query) IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=1,0,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=2,25,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=3,50,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=4,75,IIF([ertimebeforeseen]=5,100,)))))) BUT this is only pulling the information from one survey entry not all the ones entered for these question! am i totally confusing you! This is so new to me! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back