Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help !!! ASP with MQSeries

Status
Not open for further replies.

perichazhi

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
IN
Hi,

I am a newbie in using using MQSeries. I need to develop an ASP application that uses MQSeries to communicate to an AS400 Server.

I have an apprehension that if i use MQSeries, will there be a problem for MQSeries to uniquely identify the sessions of each user accessing the same ASP Page, when it tries to deliver the Message.

Kindly help me with more information on how to develop ASP application that uses MQSeries

thanx in advance

Perichazhi

You can use MessageID or CorrelationID to match request to reply message Or you can use dynamic queue to do that. Also, design application if you are trying to do session tracking using cookies or session variables.

MiddlewareOnlince.COM IBM MQ Series Certified Consultants
A SARVAM PORTAL

Thank U MiddlewareOnlince.COM ,

The MQSeries Client uses something called the "Workstation ID" to identify a Unique channel of communication between one Desktop application and the server over the internet. This is the case when a Desktop VB application is used to comunicate with the REmote AS400 Server using MQ Series.

Does this "Workstation ID" have any relevance when the same application is converted into an ASP application?

Can this be substituted by the MessageID Or Correlation ID , when developiong applicato in ASP?

thanx in advance

Perichazhi

For My implimentation, I want to have Multiple Channels. Because of that I have send Enviromentvariables at runtime so as to make a successfull connection using MQCONN API Call. But It seems, it is having some Issues when we do the same in Windows 2000 server. Is there any other way of making a connection without setting the Enviroment variable.

Thanks
perichazhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back