Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Aloha POS @ hotel error message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vb1697

Technical User
Mar 13, 2018
US
Has anyone ever seen the error message "This payment can no longer be changed"?

Newly installed Aloha POS at Hotel.

Interface between POS and PMS works fine about 75% of time.

The other 25% of the time get that error message.

Communication between POS and PMS is working correctly, as a different error message would normally appear if it went down.

Any thoughts?

The baud rate of the PMS to the POS. Work with PMS to lower baud rate to 2400. This works for HIS, Lantrix, Sable, Delphi and a few of the other more common PMS systems

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

If the connection is serial, it needs to be less than 90 feet. If you need to go beyond that, try something that converts serial to ethernet.

posguy, you are mistaken. by lowering the baud rate you can span larger distances. See the link above. When I was the IT manager for a large hotel chain in Chicago I ran a serial cable over cat 5 from the 16th floor down to the 5th floor sub basement. A total of 21 floors. We had same issue as described in question. Once we lowered the baud rate from 9600 to 2400 we never had issues with PMS to POS. While there, We used 2 different PMS systems with these settings.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

As this is a new install, the POS-PMS interface should be talking over TCP/IP. Either way, it doesn't sound like a communication problem to me, it sounds like either configuration or timing (like the check was closed). Try setting ALLOWCLOSEDPMSTENDERADJUSTMENT=TRUE in your aloha.ini in newdata and refreshing, or waiting for EOD to refresh for you.

You may need to get with your PMS provider to make sure they're able to accept the changes to the checks.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back