Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! all FOH printers down (report printing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren_H

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2018
US
strange problem, after a server restart all of our FOH printers are no longer printing reports. the issue is not with auto sequences or the remoting service as reports print fine on BOH, the 3700d log says the registry entry is missing for the local printer, I have seen this back in the day with WS6's but these are 5a's. I look at the reg and it is missing but we have 30+ terminals, I am not going to enter the info for all 30 ( I also tried one but it did not work, although I could have miss typed something. I have reloaded the db restarted the server, re ran cal on a ws, all with no luck. the local dealer is not much help, any ideas???

this is also 3700 5.6 and, MDSHOSTS / PRINTER files have been re created, even tried to pump them down via cal and restart, no luck

also it looks like the server is missing its printers controlled by the print controller in the registry, I have compared it with a backup and it is all gone, strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back