Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Adobe PDF writer/maker/distiller 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm tyring to package these, capture appears ok, also set to capture hardware changes. When testing the package on another identical machine the Adobe pseudo printers don't get appear to get installed, anyone else seen this & more importantly, resolved it?

I am having this same problem at the moment.

Wise support has suggested to capture the Hardware registry changes and give the installer read access to HKLM and full access to HKCU. As I am distributing the msi via GPO, the install is given full admin access... and still no joy.

So Justin or NE1 else who has solved this prob, PLZ HELP!

Hi, we have just packaged over 700 apps including acrobat with the pseudo working fine, took us about a week but finall got it I shall be back with hopefully the info. watch this space

I'm also having a problem. Can install both (virtual)printers though the "Distiller Printer" always appears offline no matter what.
Any ideas???

Hello Everyone,

I am having great problems with Wise 3.2 PStudio and Acrobat Writer 5. The package does not create printers, even under locaal admin. Help!

This is for IvanoVitchi, please supply data in relation to the fix for the Adobe Printer Issue..

I've used Wise Studio c/w smart monitor and I've captured what appears to be everything. After the reboot the printers show up and all the functionality of the application seems to be there.

Problem is when I run the Adobe Acrobat 5 I get a few api errors.

something to the extent of:
"ADBC.api failed to load because Javascript support is not present."

After this 3 api files fail to load.

Any suggestions on a fix?

IF ANYONE HAS A FIX FOR THIS IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD PUBLISH IT HERE . CManX and ivanovitchi I am talking to you.

Problem is when I run the Adobe Acrobat 5 I get a few api errors.
something to the extent of:
"ADBC.api failed to load because Javascript support is not present."
After this 3 api files fail to load.
Any help to fix it will really be appriciated.
Thanks

I had the same problem, all adobe printers are installed but seems to be offline.
You need to edit msi package and change in registry settings
for each keys under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\control\print
suppress the path c:\winnt\system32\spool\drivers\ before the DLL file. Windows 2000 and XP doesn't support the path before the DLL.
It's work fine !!!

Frederic.rucker@wanadoo.fr

Sorry guys....haven't been to this forum for a while.

As for the Api errors, simply add the api engine merge module......will clear those errors right up.

Hope that helps, if not let me know.

Had some time to check.....add the following merge mudule to clear up the Api errors.

Wise_CR85_ReportEngineAPI

Strange one this:

I was able to capture the PDF Writer (caputer Hardware Registry settings) and have it installed on a test system (pseudo printer only appears in Printers and Faxes after the system is rebooted).

But when I print a file (Excel file in this case) to the PDF Writer, I get an Event ID: 61 error in the System Event log. Also the print queue incorrectly tells me that my job has failed.

The event log details:
&quot;The docuement <excel filename> owned by <user> failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 63(0x3f)&quot;

This error actually means that the job was deleted by the user.

My pdf file exists and is correct, but the print job is stuck in queue and is not deleted. Any future print jobs are also stuck in queue (but without the error as the print processor is still waiting on the first job to delete)

So basically, the whole thing works, just the jobs are not deleted from the queue. Can anyone advise a solution??

Many thanks

I did a snapshot with Wise Package Studio 4.60.0.47 and Acrobat works perfectly. Didn't even edit the package. We have pretty heavily locked down systems at my company so I'm amazed.

In the msi to make sure that printers get added you may have to stop the spooler before install and then restart it afterwards.You can do this from inside the msi of course

Hi!

A fix that worked for me...

Wise Package studio 3.2

After setup capture put this regkeys to make the printer wisible.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3]
&quot;Directory&quot;=&quot;3&quot;
&quot;MajorVersion&quot;=dword:00000003
&quot;MinorVersion&quot;=dword:00000000

To make the printer Online. Wise Package Studio dont record &quot; at the end...

In Wise Package Studio
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroDist\shell\open\command
<default> &quot;[!acrodist.exe]&quot;
------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroDist\shell\open\command]
@=&quot;\&quot;C:\\PROGRA~1\\Adobe\\ACROBA~1.0\\Distillr\\acrodist.exe\&quot;&quot;

Sorry for the English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back