Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help adding a page break to report in Crystal Reports for MAS90/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruken

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
Currently we have certain invoices that we print to PDF and send via email to customers.

For physical invoices we have the terms and conditions pre-printed on the back of the invoice paper being used.

I would like to be able to add a second page to the report in crystal that would always print the terms and conditions however i have not found where to this in Crystal Reports 8.5.

Anyone had any success doing this ?

Thanks

Steven Yvinec-Kruyk
Ubisoft Canada

Dawn... I tried doing the same with mine but for some reason that would not work ... any ideas? It kept pasting it in the body of the report

For some reason the page footer is before the report footer - does not seem right and cannot move it.

Yes the page footer is "before" the report footer but that doesn't matter because they print where they are supposed to print.

Make your group footer section large enough and you should be able to paste into it.

Dawn

Well first let me say thank you for assisting but I am not having any luck...

Kruken were you able to get this to work for you?

I tried to do what you were saying but check the attached screen shot showing that it is printing in the body of the order...

It looks like they are in the report footer, not the group footer.

Dawn

hvns ... i am encountering the same issue as you ... I have tried many different ways , but crystal will just not let me print a clean page with the terms ... it is still always printing the page headers and footers for every page including the terms. Haven't had time to play with it much in the last week.

Please advise if you find a better way.

Thanks

Steven Yvinec-Kruyk
Ubisoft Canada

I had the same problem with my report one time.
keep playing the page break on the grouping. You can put your terms on the report footer but it all depends on how you set your page break. On my situation I had to do a group header "before" and report footer "after". Play around with those check marks, you will get it eventually. Took me one hour to get the right combination. I'm too reluctant to figure out what each of them do, so I just keep on check different possibilities.

You have to remember that to Crystal it is not an invoice but one long report. The term "Report" header or footer refers to ALL invoices being printed. The invoices are set to page break on invoice number. So basically you have to understand how Crystal is breaking to be able to insert your own.

If you are emailing as a PDF, I would recommend putting it at the group footer, rather than on every other page.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back