Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help adding 2 extensions to main line

Status
Not open for further replies.

rilhouse

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
we have our main telephone line ringing on 2 extensions. i checked and it rings on the persons actual extension button itself, not on it's own button. i need to add 2 more extensions but i'm not sure how.

at first i thought that there must be a hunt group but i've found no hunt group with the 2 extensions that the line currently rings on? can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

i found that the main number is linked to a line number, of which the prime DN is assigned to 1 phone that is rings on. i have no idea how it rings on the 2nd phone?

First of all you need to find out what lines are ringing. These numbers are obviously set up as RING only on the extension(s) that ring.

Under Terminals&Sets (look at the extensions that ring) -> under Line Access -> Line Assignment -> Scan and find the lines that RING at that extension.
Then back out and enter the extension number of the phone that you want to ring and instead of Scan, dial the line number that you found previously from above steps. Either you can make it appear and ring or just ring at this set. (Appear and Ring adds a button the the set, where as the Ring Only lets the line ring on the extension, leaving more room for keys on the set)[/color blue].

After all the changes are made press the Next key on the Template to save all the changes and back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back