Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! ACDs stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxNewb

MIS
Jan 9, 2008
US
I have an old Option 11 that has been having UPS issues and randomly restarting. I've got a new UPS on order which will clear this up in a few days. The latest problem is that after a recent reboot, the system will not process ACD calls from outside anymore. When I call a number setup as an ACD with maxp of 1 from outside (i.e. cell phone), which should forward the call to my Callpilot (always has, no changes made), I get a busy signal. If I call the ACD internally, it works just fine.

I built a new ACD with a test DID number and tried pointing it at Callpilot with the same results. Only works internally. I then tried pointing it at another internal extension with no change. Is something corrupted from the random power cycles? I've got 26 ACDs setup on this system (no queues, just using them to forward calls since there are no phantom licenses on this thing) and NONE of them are working this morning from outside. This includes the main line to the facility since it points at a callpilot callers menu. Let me know, thanks!

Can you call any other DID number and it ring into the phone? Is your voice mail working?

Do your DID #'s match the phones DN or is their an IDC table ???

you said:
"... and NONE of them are working this morning from outside. This includes the main line to the facility since it points at a callpilot callers menu. Let me know, thanks! "

you have 2 good suggestions, Voice Mail and your PRI circuit.

You said it works internally so that would point toward the PRI circuit (or COT/DID trunks if analog) but people would have a problem calling out if that was the case....

What do you get when you try to call? Fast busy, Slow busy?

Thanks for the quick responses. It turned out to be twofold. There was a power outage, which took the switch down and rebooted it due to a faulty UPS. When it came back up, the PRI showed all make busy and then lockout on all trunks. There were no alarms, so alarm monitoring did not contact me. I ended up calling the service provider to have them unlock the trunks. Then it all began working again. Crazy morning, haven't had excitement like this in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back