Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help a Newbie pls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmz

Technical User
Feb 20, 2007
CA
Hello. I had a couple questions regarding the comboBox component in flash MX 2004. I was wondering if someone could help me. Firstly, i have a form with 3 text inputs and 1 combo box. I set the tabIndex order to my desired settings, but I am having a small problem. I can switch between fields using the tab key, but when i reach the comboBox, it gets stuck there. I can manually click thenext field with my cursor, but i cant tab there. This also happens if i dont use the tab index. I'm not sure why this is happening. My second question is for setting the highlight color for the comboBox, i was wondering if it was possible to have the highlight a a fade from one color to another. Is this at all possible?

if you want to use a fade effect, then I suggest you create a movieclip yourself & create your own combobox style mc. This is not difficult.

You cannot use a fade effect with the components installed with flash - and you don't want to use them anyway as they create increased file size.

Just create a mc to do what you want.

Jonathan

Thank you very much for your advice. Do you mean create a "fade" movie clip and set the rollover to this? or create a whole actual combo box mc? Can you please explain this to me a bit further, i'm quite new to flash, but am learning eagerly. Thank you

I mean create your own combo box mc. with invis buttons in the mc so that when you roll over they go to another frame in the mc timeline which shows the drop down effect/fade/whatever.

does this makes sense?

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back