Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help a ghost is catching me !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEIDISO

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
DE
Yesterday something happend, a HP9 series printer on standby mode conected to a not powerd on computer, started to print out of nowhere `pages full of X´s any explanation how this could happen would help me
Thanx in advanced and apologies for my bad english

Sounds like a virus to me (possibly Bugbear). Or it may just be an application trying to print to the printer when it hasn't the correct driver installed.

the problem is the computer where this printer is conected to was switched off, when the printer started to print !

Of course, you've tried powering off the malfunctioning printer, then powering it back on? Perhaps there's a loose printer cable connection, try reseating the connections. Try unplugging the printer from the PC (while the printer is powered off), see if the printing continues when powered on and not connected to the PC.

Thanx for the Tip, will do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back